Dr. Monica Distaso
Lehrstuhl fĂĽr Feststoff- und GrenzflĂ¤chenverfahrenstechnik (LFG)
- E-Mail: email@example.com
- Telefon: 09131/85-20341
- Fax: 09131/85-29402
- Raum: 00.804
Information zur Person
- Development of in situ analytical and spectroscopic techniques for understanding particle formation: classical vs non-classical crystallization
- Design of metal oxide nanocomposites for optical applications (mesocrystals)
- Synthesis, characterization and film formation of multicomponent semiconductors (CIGS(e), CZTS(e)) and hybrid lead-free perovskite for photovoltaic applications
- Sustainable chemistry: activation of small molecules, fixation of carbon dioxide, design of low environmental impact processes
- â€śLow environmental impact synthetic methodologies. Carbonic acid diesters and carbon dioxide as substitutes for phosgeneâ€ť University of Bari, Italy, May 2006.
Master Degree in Inorganic Chemistry. Thesis:
- â€śSynthesis and characterization of Copper and Zinc complexes with fluorinated ligands to use as catalysts in supercritical carbon dioxideâ€ť University of Bari, Italy, March 2002.
- Winter Semester - Basics in Nanotechnology - Compulsory Course for Chemical Engineering Masters and Diploma students (I semester)
- Summer Semester - Nanotechnology of Disperse Systems Elective Supplementary Course for Chemical Engineering Masters and Diploma students (II Semester)
Former and current Bachelor students:
- Sebastian Eberhardt "Characterization of ZnO nanoparticles synthesized by microwave irradiation in different experimental conditionsâ€ś â€“ Erlangen 2010
- Martin Kaiser "Characterization of calcined and not calcined Metal Oxide/PVP nanocompositesâ€ś â€“ Erlangen 2011
- Anna Papachtschjan "Synthesis of alfa-Fe2O3 mesocrystals as a new class of inorganic pigmentsâ€ś â€“ Erlangen 2012
- Yikalo Tecle "Characterization of photoluminescence properties of ZnO nanoparticles in combination with PVP after annealing at different temperaturesâ€ś â€“ Erlangen 2014
- Robin Link â€śQualitative In Situ TrĂĽbungsmessung bei der Synthese von Zinkoxid-Mesokristallen unter solvothermalen Bedingungenâ€ť â€“ March 2016
- Vanessa Lautenbach "Electrostatic stabilization of goethite particles" - current work
Former and current Master students:
- Ruth Wernet "Scalability aspects of the synthesis of ZnO/PVP nanocomposite structures under solvothermal conditionsâ€ś â€“ Erlangen 2010
- Amirmasoud Mohtasebi "Synthesis and Characterization of nanostructures based on hematite mesocrystalsâ€ś â€“ Erlangen 2012
- Martin Kaiser "Stirring Characterization of a tank reactor equipped with In Situ spectroscopic techniques for monitoring nanoparticle formationâ€ś â€“ Erlangen 2014
- Benjamin Seemann "Multigram lab-scale synthesis of hematite nanoparticles and their formation mechanismâ€ś â€“ Erlangen 2014
- Naeem Saddiqi â€śFormation of CZTS nanoparticles under solvothermal conditionsâ€ť â€“ Erlangen 2015
- Eric Ethevenaux "Heterogeneous growth of hematite particles" - current work
- â€śMetal oxide nanocomposites for UV protectionâ€ť Application Number WO2011/058155 deposited at international Bureau on 29th November 2010. Inventors: Berndt Sachweh; Wieland Koban; Wendel Wohlleben; Wolfgang Peukert; Robin Klupp Taylor; Monica Distaso.
- â€śMetal island coatings and method for synthesisâ€ť Application Number WO2011/057937 deposited at international Bureau on 12th November 2010. Inventors: Wieland Koban; Wolfgang Peukert; Robin Klupp Taylor; Monica Distaso; Huixin Bao; Serhiy Vasylyev.
- B. Winter, B. Butz, M. Distaso, M. DudĂˇk, P. KoÄŤĂ, R. N. Klupp Taylor, W. Peukert, E. Spiecker "Quantitative 360Â° electron tomography analysis of mesoporous hematite nanoparticles" International Microscopy Congress 2014, Prague.
- E. R. Encina, M. Distaso, R. N. Klupp Taylor, W. Peukert "Synthesis of Goethite alpha-FeOOH Particles by Air Oxidation of Ferrous Hydroxide Fe(OH)(2) Suspensions: Insight on the Formation Mechanismâ€ś Cryst. Growth Des. 2015, 15, 194-203.
- V. R. Marthala, M. Friedrich, Z. Zhou, M. Distaso, S. Reuss, S. A. Al-Thabaiti, W. Peukert, W. Schwieger, M. Hartmann, "Zeolite-Coated Porous Arrays: A Novel Strategy for Enzyme Encapsulationâ€ś Adv. Funct. Mater. 2015, 25, 1832-1836.
- T. Akdas, J. Walter, D. Segets, M. Distaso, B. Winter, B. Birajdar, E. Spiecker, W. Peukert â€śInvestigation of the size-property relationship in CuInS2 quantum dotsâ€ť Nanoscale 2015, 7, 18105-18118.
- T. Akdas, M. Distaso, S. Kuhri, B. Winter, B. Birajdar, E. Spiecker, D. M. Guldi, W. Peukert, â€śThe effects of post-processing on the surface and the optical properties of copper indium sulfide quantum dotsâ€ť J. Colloids Interf. Sc. 2015, 445, 337-347.
- S. Cabanas-Polo, M. Distaso, W. Peukert, A. R. Boccaccini, â€śElectrophoretic deposition of Î±-Fe2O3/chitosan nanocomposite coatings for functional and biomedical applicationsâ€ť Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechology 2015, 15, 1-7.
- R. Ahmad, M. Brandl, M. Distaso, P. Herre, E. Spiecker, R. Hock, W. Peukert â€śA comprehensive study on the mechanism behind formation and depletion of Cu2ZnSnS4 (CZTS) phasesâ€ť CrystEngComm, 2015, 17, 6972-6984.
- M. Brandl, R. Ahmad, M. Distaso, H. Azimi, Y. Hou, W. Peukert, C. J. Brabec, R. Hock, â€śIn-situ X-ray diffraction analysis of the recrystallization process in Cu2ZnSnS4 nanoparticles synthesised by hot-injectionâ€ť Thin Solid Films 2015, 582, 269-271.
- H. Azimi, T. Heumueller, A. Gerl, G. Matt, P. Kubis, M. Distaso, R. Ahmad, T. Akdas, M. Richter, W. Peukert, C. Brabec, "Relation of Nanostructure and Recombination Dynamics in a Low-Temperature Solution-Processed CuInS2 Nanocrystalline Solar Cellâ€ś Adv. En. Mater. 2013, 3, 1589-1596.
- M. Distaso, M. Mackovic, E. Spiecker, W. Peukert â€śEarly stages of oriented attachment: formation of twinned ZnO nanorods under microwave irradiationâ€ť Chem. Eur. J. 2012, 18, 13265-13268.
- M. Distaso, D. Segets, R. Wernet, R. klupp Taylor, W. Peukert "Tuning the size and the optical properties of ZnO mesocrystals synthesized under solvothermal conditions", Nanoscale 2012, 4, 864-873
- M. Distaso, R.Klupp Taylor, N. Taccardi, P. Wasserscheid, W. Peukert â€śInfluence of Counterion on the synthesis of ZnO Mesocrystals under solvothermal conditionsâ€ť Chem. Eur. J. 2011, 17, 2923-2930
- F. Pignatelli, R. Carzino, M. Salerno, M. Scotto, C. Canale, M. Distaso, F. Rizzi, G. Caputo, P. D. Cozzoli, R. Cingolani, A. Athanassiou "Directional enhancement of refractive index and tunable wettability of polymeric coatings due to preferential dispersion of colloidal TiO2 nanorods towards their surface" Thin Solid Films 2010, 518, 4425-4431
- A. Dibenedetto, M. Aresta, C. Fragale, M. Distaso, C. Pastore, A.M. Venezia, C. Liu, M. Zhang â€śHigh throughput experiment approach to the oxidation of propene-to-propene oxide with transition-metal oxides as O-donorsâ€ť Catalysis Today 2008, 137, 44-51
- M. Distaso, E. Quaranta, "Sc(OTf)3-catalyzed carbomethoxylation of aliphatic amines with dimethyl carbonate (DMC): DMC activation by eta1-O(C=O) coordination to Sc(III) and its relevance to catalysisâ€ť J of Catalysis 2008, 253(2), 278-288
Selected presentations to congresses:
- M. Distaso, W. Peukert â€śSynthesis of Hematite nanorods mesocrystals via Oriented Attachment: an In situ and Ex situ reaction mechanism studyâ€ť â€“ Symposium SS: Nanocrystal Growth via Oriented Attachment and Mesocrystals formation at Material Research Society (MRS) San Francisco USA , April 21st-25th, 2014 (Talk)
- M. Distaso, M. KlaumĂĽnzer, M. Mackovich, E. Spiecker, W. Peukert â€śOriented Attachment in the formation of ZnO twin-nanostructuresâ€ť â€“ Symposium SS: Nanocrystal Growth via Oriented Attachment and Mesocrystals formation at Material Research Society (MRS) San Francisco USA , April 21st-25th, 2014 (Talk)
- R. Ahmad, M. Distaso, M. Brandl, T. Akdas, H. Azimi, C. Brabec, R. Hock, W. Peukert â€śFacile synthesis and characterization of Cu2ZnSnS4 in nanoparticulate form: a challenging materialâ€ť â€“ Symposium E: Earth Abundant Inorganic Solar Energy Conversion at Material Research Society (MRS) San Francisco USA , April 21st-25th, 2014 (Poster)
- M. Distaso, W. Peukert â€śHierarchical organization of CuS nanorods synthesized under solvothermal conditionsâ€ť Gordon Research Conference on Chemistry of Supramolecules and Assemblies, Il Ciocco, Barga (LU), Italy 19th June â€“ 24th June 2011
- M. Distaso, O. Zhuromskyy, F. Seifrt, R. Klupp Taylor, U. Peschel, G. Leugering, W. Peukert â€śSynthesis of â€śinvisible nanostructuresâ€ť and simulation of the optical propertiesâ€ť Core-To-Core Meeting - 23rd November 2010 - Kyoto, Japan
- M. Distaso, R. Klupp Taylor, M. Voigt, W. Peukert â€śHydrothermal synthesis of ZnO/PVP morphology with controlled morphologyâ€ť Euromat 2009, Glasgow, 8th September
- M. Distaso, L. Manna, R. Cingolani â€śSeeded Growth of CdSe/CdS branched structures using magic size CdSe nanocrystals as seedsâ€ť Trends in Nanoscience 2009, Kloster Irsee, 28th February â€“ 4th March; Book of Abstracts p. 94